My Last Month...


It's June. How is it already June? A year ago I got the call that I had been accepted into the fearless residency, and I was so nervous (but also excited. 😉)Now, this is my last month of phase 1 residency, and I am looking back over the year. 

I have changed and grown this past year through the residency, getting married, moving, and simply being an adult (who is finally out of school!). 

Many have already been asking me, "What is your biggest takeaway?" Since it is hard to choose just one, these are the big ones that first come to mind:
In my faith and in ministry:
  • I have been reminded that ministry is not about programs, but it is about relationships
  • Being a Christian is more than checking off boxes to make sure you're being a good Christian; we need to love the Lord our God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our mind and love our neighbors as ourselves (Matt. 22:36-40).  
  • God equips who He calls. I have been affirmed again and again that this is where He is calling me.
  • Along with that, God wants me to lead in the way He has created me, not to change myself to fit into a role or be good at everything. (That's actually why we all have different gifts and talents! We are told to work as God's body! I know... It's crazy. God knows what He is doing.)
About myself:
  • I love developing relationships with people. Even though I can be quiet and reserved in big groups of new people or in new settings, I love 1-on-1 conversations, especially when I can be the listener to someone pouring out their heart.
  • One of the most important reminders: I need God. I cannot love people or pour myself out without Him. He is the only one who can truly fill me up. (I mainly learned this in my marriage... I'm sure you can imagine haha. Whenever you put two different people together who need different things... it can get messy.)

The Happenings in My Last Month

We have a high school mission trip to Pullman, MI where the high schoolers are running a VBS (Vacation Bible School) for the local kids. The VBS is in the evening, so during the day they are serving the community with work projects. I am planning the curriculum for the Bible stories and crafts, which has been a lot of fun! The theme is "Jesus' love is for everyone, powerful, and forgiving." (Each day is a story highlighting each part.) 
We have one more week of prep until it starts! I love using creativity to plan and then handing that plan over to the teens to run and own it! Talk about leadership development and discipling! 
On my last week I am spending that Monday and Tuesday at Pullman, coming back to church on Wednesday morning (the residents will be prayed over), and leaving Wednesday afternoon to our residency sending retreat until Friday. That will be phase 1 done... I can hardly believe it.

Then What?

I will be able to tell you for sure on my next post... but I think God wants me here for phase 2 residency, which would be another year in the fearless family of churches. The pastors and leaders are still deciding and praying about where they would place me: what would be good for my development as a church leader, be good for the church, and obviously where God wants me. I would be building up a youth group in one of the churches and would need to raise more than $500 a month starting in August! That's a big deal!
Pray for me and for the leaders to seek God's wisdom and guidance. The decision will be made soon!

Thank you for reading. Thank you for supporting me in prayers and in donations. I cannot do this alone: I need God, and

I also need the Church, my family in Christ. So thank you thank you thank you! Because of God and my family in Christ, I am here and was able to do and learn and grow. 
I'll update you soon!

Your friend, 
~Hannah

For more information about the residency and/or to set up your account to support me, go to http://ridgepointff.org/fearless-leadership-residency/ Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on "Support a Resident" for monthly support or "One Time Gift" for... well... a one time gift. 😉 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update! It's Official!

Hit the Ground Running