UPDATE!!!!!

I'm Officially in Student Ministries!!!!!!!!!! 😄

(I'm just a little excited 😉)

Residency update!!!! It's December, and that means........ *drumroll*......... I'M IN STUDENT MINISTRIES! The orientation phase of my residency is over, and after spending time with all of the different ministry departments and church plants, I followed God tugging on my heart for youth ministry, specifically middle and high school! God has given me a passion for kids to know Jesus and grow in relationship with Him. This passion has been growing for the past several years, and I'm honored that God is drawing me deeper on this journey. 

So that means I will be spending my time at Ridge Point Community Church on Sunday nights with high schoolers and on Wednesday nights with kids who are in grades 5th-8th! During the week I am working with the family ministry staff and joining their meetings and plannings and setting up and everything else they do. 😁 
This is the high school group (Amplify) with the Thanksgiving meals that they delivered!
My supervisor is Kate Bareman the high school pastor, and my coach is Derek Laird the middle school pastor! I am so incredibly pumped to be poured into and encouraged by these strong leaders who love God and kids! I'm also excited to implement what I've already learned from my teaching and internship experiences. And I am most excited to see what God has in store for me and these kids. We serve a mighty and powerful and loving God! 

I will keep you updated on what I'm up to and what God is doing! I could be on the road to being a youth pastor, but I always want to keep my eyes open to God's best and His timing. His plans are usually way better than mine. 😉

If you're new to my blog, welcome! Check out my first two blogs to learn more about me and my residency!

And as always if you want to join my support team in prayer and/or donations, I would love to know! Join me in God's work! Because of you I am able to be here and grow and pour into these kids! If you would like to contact me, you can check out my Google account connected to this blog! The link to donate one time or monthly is http://ridgepointff.org/fearless-leadership-residency/ Just scroll to the bottom to begin! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Life side note: 




My wedding is 24 days away! It's so close... I'm up to my eyeballs in planning and prepping! I certainly don't always have it together. Some days I'm so stressed. Other days I'm so excited, I could burst. And a few moments here and there, I take a second to enjoy the Christmas season and my family and my residency and hand over all the control to God. I'm a work in progress, but God is always good.


This verse came up today as my memory verse for the month... and oh how appropriate for this month indeed! If this month has you going crazy, or if you are experiencing grief and difficult times this Christmas season, maybe repeating this verse to yourself this month can be a way for God to draw closer to your heart. 💓
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
~2 Corinthians 2:9 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update! It's Official!

Hit the Ground Running

My Last Month...